Cyber Attacks How Families Can Better Protect Themselves Online You may have heard about cyber attacks in the news, but what do they actually mean? A cyber attack is when someone tries to harm or disrupt a computer network, system, or website. This can include stealing or deleting data, or even taking over the system to use for their own purposes.
Cyber attacks can be a major problem for businesses and organizations, but they can also affect families and individuals. For example, if your personal information is stolen in a cyber attack, you could be at risk for identity theft.
There are steps you can take to help protect yourself from cyber attacks. Here are a few of them:
– Make sure your computer has up-to-date antivirus software installed.
– Use strong passwords and change them often.
– Don’t open emails or attachments from people you don’t know.
– Don’t click on links in emails unless you’re sure they’re safe.
– Be careful when shopping or banking online. It’s also important to be aware of the signs that you may be the victim of a cyber attack.
These can include:
– Your computer is running slowly than usual.
– You can’t access your files or applications.
– You see unexpected pop-ups or ads.
– Your email account has been hacked.
– You’ve received strange phone calls or text messages.
If you think you’ve been the victim of a cyber attack, be sure to report it to your internet service provider and law enforcement officials. By being proactive and taking precautions, you can help protect yourself and your family from the dangers of cyber attacks.