If you are in the market for a laptop, you may want to look into the MacBook Air. This model offers many features that will allow you to do more with your computer while saving space and money on electricity. You can download games, videos, and music.
Find out some of the best features of the MacBook Air 2020 M1.
The touch sensitive keyboard is located on the lower left corner of the laptop. It works just like a real keyboard. The keys respond with your touch just as if you were actually typing. It is a nice feature when working out in the gym or just typing out an email.
If you need a mouse to operate the screen, the mouse will also work with the MacBook Air. The mouse uses Bluetooth technology. The wireless mouse will not affect battery life as much as using a wired mouse. You can find many different styles of mice to choose from as well. The USB mouse plugs into the USB port just as with any other device.
The MacBook Air does not have a solid-state drive. It uses the flash memory in the laptop to store everything from text and images to movies. The battery life is decent but not as long as the competition. You can get up to ten hours of usage on a charge but most users will not get more than six or seven hours of use.
The biggest advantage of the MacBook Air is the touch screen. It is a nice experience when you use the screen to perform functions like browsing the web or viewing photos. It is easy to use and works very well.
Some of the apps that you may download from the internet work very well in the MacBook Air. Other uses include playing games, watching movies, listening to music, and taking virtual tours in the apps that are provided through the system.
The MacBook Air runs on Mac OS X v10.4 and does not work on earlier versions.
The MacBook Air is the only laptop that comes with both an external mouse and a digital pen. This makes it very convenient to write notes or browse the web. The stylus is also very useful for certain tasks.
The one negative to this feature is that you will need to buy several items for each use including a pen, mouse, and covers for the pen.
The MacBook Air offers several additional benefits. You can connect to wireless networks such as GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) and CDMA (Cellular Digital Subscriber Identity Module) to increase the speed of your data transfer.
It also provides faster uploads for documents and graphics. You will not work as quickly as those who use a laptop with a hard drive but you won’t notice battery life issues either.
Overall, the MacBook Air offers a good balance between portability and features. It has an easy-to-use keyboard and a full-sized screen. It is light and not too heavy to carry.
This laptop is not too expensive, even when compared to other netbooks. You should consider purchasing one if you regularly use netbooks or if you travel often.
The battery life of the MacBook Air is not very long but it does last a long time. The average laptop battery life is about six hours. You should not count on getting enough charge to get through the day.
One thing to note is that this unit does not have a built-in charger. You will have to connect the laptop to an outlet on your home to be able to charge it.
One of the best things about the MacBook Air is that it has a built-in security. The Mac OS X Server will automatically turn off background services and applications that are not used. This prevents your system from consuming resources that would not be used. There is no longer any need to worry about draining battery life. You can leave your computer running without being aware that it is still working.
The MacBook Air is not the cheapest laptop on the market but it does offer many great benefits. One of these great benefits is that it has a long battery life. It also includes many different applications that you can use.
One of the best aspects of the MacBook Air is the way that it can automatically shut itself off when not in use. It is small and compact making it perfect for anyone who wants a small laptop that meets all of their needs.
Also see: Most Popular phones in 2021
- Space Gray
13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560-by-1600 native resolution at 227 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors
Supported scaled resolutions:
- 1680 by 1050
- 1440 by 900
- 1024 by 640
- 400 nits’ brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- True Tone technology
- Apple M1 chip
- 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
- 7-core GPU, 8-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
Battery and Power1
- Up to 15 hours wireless web
- Up to 18 hours Apple TV app movie playback
- Built-in 49.9‑watt‑hour lithium‑polymer battery
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter
Charging and Expansion
- Two Thunderbolt / USB 4 ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt 3 (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 4 (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- 8GB unified memory
- Configurable to 16GB
- 256GB SSD
- Configurable to 512GB SSD, 1TB, or 2TB
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Backlit Magic Keyboard with:
- 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys in an inverted-T arrangement
- Ambient light sensor
- Force Touch trackpad for precise cursor control and pressure-sensing capabilities; enables Force clicks, accelerators, pressure-sensitive drawing, and Multi-Touch gestures
- Touch ID
- Touch ID sensor
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:
- One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB-C
- VGA, HDMI, DVI, and Thunderbolt 2 output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers
- Wide stereo sound
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback
- Three-mic array with directional beamforming
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Storage temperature: −13° to 113° F (−25° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Size and Weights
- Height: 0.16–0.63 inch (0.41–1.61 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.36 inches (21.24 cm)
- Weight: 2.8 pounds (1.29 kg)3
- macOS is the most advanced desktop operating system in the world. macOS Big Sur introduces a bold new design and major updates to apps — taking macOS to a new level of power and beauty.
- Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new MacBook Air. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility, and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Built-in Apps4
- Voice Memos
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
- Find My
- QuickTime Player
- In the Box
- MacBook Air
- 30W USB-C Power Adapter
- USB-C Charge Cable (2 m)
Configure to Order
- Configure your MacBook Air with these options, only at apple.com:
- 16GB unified memory
- 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB SSD
The price for the MacBook Air 2020 M1 starts @ $999.
MacBook Air and the Environment
It is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Made with better materials
- 100% recycled aluminum in the enclosure6
- 100% recycled tin in the solder of the main logic board
- 35% or more recycled plastic in multiple components
- Energy efficient
- ENERGY STAR® certified7
- Smarter chemistry8
- Arsenic-free display glass
- BFR-, PVC-, and beryllium-free
- Green manufacturing
- Apple’s Zero Waste Program helps suppliers eliminate waste sent to landfill
- All final assembly supplier sites are transitioning to 100% renewable energy for Apple production
- Responsible packaging
- 100% of virgin wood fiber comes from responsibly managed forests
- Recyclable, majority-fiber packaging
Watch video review and unboxing on YouTube: