As a small business owner, you may be looking for ways to reach a larger audience and grow your business. One way to do this is through social media, and specifically, through Pinterest. With over 250 million monthly active users, Pinterest is a platform with huge potential for small businesses. And, best of all, it’s free to use! In this blog post, we’ll share with you 15 effective marketing strategies with Pinterest for small business.
1. Create a Business Profile If you want to use Pinterest for business, you need to create a Business Profile. This is different from a personal profile and gives you access to features and insights that can help you grow your business. To create a Business Profile, go to business.pinterest.com and click “Create account”.
2. Optimize Your Profile Once you have a Business Profile, it’s important to optimize it for success. This means adding information about your business, such as your website, location, and a short description. You should also add a profile photo that represents your business, such as your logo. And, make sure to choose the right category for your business so that people can easily find you.
3. Create Boards that Showcase Your Products One of the best ways to use Pinterest for business is to create Boards that showcase your products. For each Board, you should choose a catchy name and add a description that tells people what the Board is about. For example, if you sell jewelry, you could create a Board called “Beautiful Jewelry” and add a description that says “A collection of beautiful jewelry from [Your Business Name]”. Then, start adding Pins to your Board. For each Pin, you should include high-quality images, as well as a description and link back to your website.
4. Use Keywords in Your Boards and Pins In order for people to find your Boards and Pins, you need to use keywords. These are the words and phrases that people are searching for on Pinterest. When you use keywords, you’re more likely to show up in search results, which can help you get more views and clicks. To find keywords, you can use the Pinterest search bar. Start by typing in a general keyword related to your business, such as “jewelry”. Then, take a look at the suggested keywords that come up. You can also use a keyword research tool, such as Google AdWords Keyword Planner, to find keywords.
5. Create Pins that are Visually Appealing When people are scrolling through Pinterest, they’re quickly scanning images to see if anything catches their eye. This is why it’s important to create Pins that are visually appealing. Some tips for creating visually appealing Pins include using high-quality images, bright colors, and interesting fonts. You should also try to use images that are tall and skinny, as they tend to perform better on Pinterest.
6. Make Your Pins Clickable In order for people to visit your website, you need to make sure your Pins are clickable. This means adding a link to your website in the “destination URL” field when you create a Pin. To do this, go to the “Edit” tab and scroll down to the “Destination URL” field. Then, add the URL of the page you want people to be taken to, such as your website’s home page.
7. Use Rich Pins Rich Pins are a type of Pin that includes extra information, such as the price of a product or the ingredients in a recipe. This information is pulled directly from your website and is automatically updated, so it’s always accurate. Rich Pins can be a great way to showcase your products and help people make a purchase decision. And, they’re easy to set up! If you’re using WordPress, you can use the Yoast SEO plugin to add Rich Pins to your website.
8. Join Group Boards Group Boards are Boards where multiple people can contribute Pins. These are a great way to reach a larger audience and get more exposure for your business. To find Group Boards, you can use the Pinterest search bar. Start by typing in a keyword related to your business, such as “jewelry”. Then, look for Boards that have a group of people in the profile photo. You can also use a tool like PinGroupie to find Group Boards in your niche.
9. Host a Contest or Giveaway
As a business owner, you are always looking for new ways to reach your target audience and promote your product or service. You may have considered using Pinterest as a marketing tool, but you may not be sure how it can benefit your business.
Promote your Pinterest account on your other social media channels and include links to your boards and pins in your email signature. By avoiding these common mistakes, you can set yourself up for success with your Pinterest marketing strategy.
There you have it! An effective marketing strategy with Pinterest. Give it a try and see how it can help you connect with potential customers and promote your business.