SEO tools make it simpler and easier to manage and monitor your website rankings, to make sure that your website is search engine friendly and well optimized for performance.
In essence, SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is developed as an extension to web accessibility by following HTML4 guidelines, so as to identify the aim of the content of a document.
This simply means ensuring that websites have a unique page titles that properly reflects their content and also serve as keyword headings to better highlight and optimized the content of individual pages, which other tags are been treated in the same way.
This is necessary because most web developers were often only focused on whether their coding worked, instead of the user experience, including following web publishing guidelines.
This has slowly changed over time because it became increasingly known that search engines used these “on-page” signals to supply their “Search Engine Results Pages” (SERPs) – which there was a plus to ranking higher on these to tap into free and natural organic traffic to your websites.
The internet space has evolved over time, and major SEO tools like Google now process much more “off page” information when they try to determine their search results, by using semantic processing, collating user data, and applying neural networks for the machine learning of patterns, trends, and private preferences.
Moving forward, the core ideas of SEO tools remain same as they always have and that is simply ensuring pages have the right tags for targeting keywords, not only for natural search results, but for also, PPC (Pay Per Click) and other marketing campaigns, where call-to-action (CTA) and conversion rates are essential indicators of success.
Now, how does a business simple determine which keywords to focus its sales pages on? and how does an internet site filter transactional traffic from general site visitors? Also, what is the way businesses can increase its ability to capture targeted traffic from across the internet? All these questions will be answered when we highlight some of the best SEO tools.
Features of SEO tools
The highlighted features below will assist you choose the best SEO tool for your business website:
1. SEO Grade
If you’re new to the SEO game and you are looking for an SEO tool which will offer you a whole lot of tips on where your SEO stands now. This creates an overall SEO grade and an absolute must-have for any beginner’s SEO tool. Just maybe your website is already well optimized, both technically and content-wise. Or your website has some problems with links that you simply do not know about.
Choosing an SEO tool that gives an overall SEO score in a way that’s quick and straightforward to digest tells you if your website is worth investigating or if something’s gone horribly wrong or if your SEO is good enough for your website.
2. Technical SEO crawler
Technical SEO is very important to your site’s success. This is what allows Google to seek out, crawl and index everything that’s on your website easily.
Most of the SEO tool will detect the presence of a robots.txt file and a sitemap, but a good beginner’s SEO tool will take it a step further and crawl your website in the same way Google does. And, ideally, it’ll find issues that Google looks for when it crawls through your website like:
Content that is duplicated: A duplicated content sends a quick signal immediately. Every good SEO tool will find technical issues that cause duplicate content that you simply won’t realize yourself.
Links and pages that’re broken: Google and other SEO tools use crawlers to access pages by following links in order that they can’t index content if your links don’t work or your pages are inaccessible. Every goo SEO crawler finds links that cause error codes on pages.
Conflicts resulting from HTTPS and HTTP: Sites that are insecure are bad, and secure pages with insecure assets gives and pops up as a scary warning. Every good SEO tool easily detect these instances of images, videos, CSS and more hosted on insecure URLs.
3. Mobile Optimization
Mobile traffic is now making up more and more of all organic visitors. With a good SEO tool, be ready to determine how mobile friendly an internet site is and what must change to enhance the site:
Readiness of Touchscreen: This simply means how a user can click a link or button without accidentally clicking another one
Mobile compatibility: Do any pages use Flash, Silverlight or other web technologies that do not work on all mobile browsers?
Mobile viewport: Are page ratios set to evolve to device screen width?
Speed: How briskly does a page load when accessed on a less powerful processor on a slower network?
All thanks to the above-mentioned developments in mobile search, mobile-friendliness is a crucial ranking signal for Google.
4. Ranking of keyword
For every SEO tool, keyword ranking is what you’re most curious about when it comes to Search Engine Optimization. So, yes, every good SEO tool should include a feature that detects, tracks and compares your keyword rankings.
When evaluating an SEO keyword tool, confirm it includes these basic features:
- Search volume: People want to use the Google Ads Keyword Planner to seek out search volume, but you’ll not do this unless you meet a minimum spend threshold. An SEO tool that has search volume is a major plus.
- Ranking: Obviously you would like to ascertain where your site appears in SERPs for your keywords.
- Movement: Again, this is often probably obvious, but you would like to be ready to see what proportion your rankings have changed to over time.
- Competitor rankings: Every website has competitors, and knowing where your competitors ranks is a major part of search marketing. The power to see and track your competitors ranking can be a great feature for your SEO tool.
- Ranking table: You’re tracking competitors, but what about the opposite pages that outrank you? Your SEO tool should include the highest 5 for every keyword so you recognize who your competition is.
5. User-friendly interface
To be honest, SEO is can be quite complicated and intimidating. And if you’re new to SEO, you need to choose a tool that makes the process easier. Obviously, every SEO tool takes a click or two to work out, but anything that takes more than that is considered more difficult and it’s not good for you.
Things which will make a tool easier for you to use are:
- Robust help center and/or data domain that you simply can search for answer questions.
- A clear, simple, direct and actionable SEO tool that is supported by the present status of your website’s SEO.
- Friendly, helpful and easily accessible Customer support team
- Clear user layout, logical navigation, and usually well-thought-out user experience.
Benefits Of SEO Tools for Your Business
SEO is fashioned in a way to make websites have a web crawler results that makes it increasingly obvious for clients to visit a website. The higher a website page appears in a web search the more continuous it’ll be visited by the clients. Search engine optimization majorly affects organic or unpaid search results.
Depending on what a site is set up for, optimization may target image searches, audio or video searches, and native or vertical searches that are industry-specific. SEO tools has become important for online marketing tactic, and its achievement solely depends on information of how web indexes work, which motors are liked. In a more explicit explanation, the keywords that a website content uses are more valuable to get listed by the search engines.
Below are some of the benefits:
Better conversion rate is achieved: SEO tools assist in targeting requests that intrigue the customer. To have pages referenced on the actual solicitation made by an individual, you’re sure to have them get away from their mail or expend on your website.
SEO tools ensure haul work: To keep your page well positioned, it’s ideal to regularly update your content, confirm the keywords you’ve got selected, and ensure the optimization rate.
SEO tools integrate seamlessly with your marketing strategy: An optimized SEO tools can assist you develop several aspects of your business. Choose a brief tail or long-tail keyword, and develop an entire range of content around it like blog article, tweet, Facebook post, Instagram publication… You’re thus bound to communicate on all of your media on subjects that is of significance to your customers and prospects. Thereby, conversion rate and lead generation are increased.
Websites are made more practical: Websites are designed to offer companies/organizations/businesses a presence on the internet space. With SEO tools, websites are made visible to serve their primary purposes properly.
Visibility is achieved with SEO: In today’s world, searching for knowledge is done and completed online. Working with natural referencing is done by using keywords that are relevant to your business and this ensures that you’re simply noticeable to the audience that are interested in your products or services. The SEO tools makes it easier for you to be found on the internet space. It’s mainly useful for craft professions or businesses: hairdresser, plumber, butcher, florist, garage owner, etc.
Traffic is best targeted: Using an article strategy that is supported by natural referencing, you’re bound to reach out to your audience. Once your editorial line is consistent and deals with all aspects associated with your activity. You then have to position yourself as experts in your field in the eyes of Internet users.
Improved user experience: Mainly for users browsing a website whose content is optimized for natural referencing is pleasant, this is because it’s you’re sure that the article will answer your questions. Generally, google puts an internet site on the top page that best matches the inquiries of users. With a well optimized website, users and readers are encouraged to continue reading and use your services quickly.
Better Conversion rate is ensured: Once a website maintains its promises, the user is going to be more inclined to the website and this in turn is converted to sales. SEO tools allow you to focus on requests that interest your potential customers. By having your pages referenced on these requests, you create a sure visibility to people with a true interest in your products or services.
Internet users favor organic results: sponsored content is getting more room on the primary page of Google. However, Internet users still favor natural results. If an advert on Google generates more traffic to a website in question, it doesn’t necessarily penalize the sites well referenced on this request. So therefore, correctly referencing a page costs less than investing in Google Ad Words.
5 best SEO tools for driving traffic to your website
Below is a highlight on the best SEO tools for driving traffic to your website:
This tool is an advanced SEO resource that checks out your website property and produces keyword, link, and ranking profiles to assist you in making better decisions on your content.
Some of its main features are:
- Explores your site: which shows you the performance of specific webpages on your website.
- Content Explorer: This allows you to have high-performing webpages under specific keywords and topics.
- Keywords Explorer: This helps to generate the monthly search volume and click-through rates of specific keywords.
- Site Audit: With this, your website is being crawled with specified verticals within your domain and divulges variety of technical issues at the page level.
When using you’re Keyword Explorer, Ahrefs goes ahead to produce the “parent topic” of the keyword you search. A keyword’s parent topic is a broader keyword with higher search volume than your intended keyword, but likely has an equivalent audience and ranking potential. This provides you more valuable SEO opportunity.
This SEO tool offers a free 7- days trial period and then $7, $99/Month for Lite, $179/Month for normal, $399/Month for Advanced, $999/Month for Agency
Even though Google Analytics features a paid version, the free version of this SEO tool can assist you manage your website’s SEO — this is often very true if you pair Google Analytics with Google Search Console. In doing so, all of your website’s SEO data are going to be centrally located and compiled, and you’ll use queries to spot areas for improvement with the keywords and phrases that you simply want your website to rank for.
Other ways in which you’ll use the free version of Google Analytics to know and improve your SEO are:
- Get rid of spam traffic — or make sure to filter your referral traffic — Remove the traffic that has the potential of ruining SEO reports, like fake referrers (this brings fake traffic to your website).
- Also, compare organic website traffic versus non-organic.
- Identify which of your sites receive the foremost traffic so you’re ready to understand what you’ll do to enhance SEO on those pages.
- Make use of Site Content Reports to work out engagement metrics on each website, engagement for the directories and pages on your website, page exit metrics, and also as acquisition, behavior, and conversion of landing pages.
- Next, review the Multi-Channel Report’s Assisted Conversions feature to spot which of your Channels are defined as sources of your traffic, like paid and organic search or referral sites — led to the foremost sales or conversions, and then, the value of these sales and conversions for your business.
The google Analytics SEO tool has a free and paid version. The paid version cost about $150,000 a year
This Search engine optimization tool shows a well-detailed dashboard that give reports on the performance of domains. This tool offers numerous resources, one among which is the SEO Toolkit.
These toolkit helps you to trace a website’s visibility improvement over time and also identify which keywords it’s ranking for, what the page’s rank is for a keyword, the keyword’s monthly search volume, and more.
With this tool, you can do the following:
- Steadily compare your page with that of your competitors
- Carefully examine your backlinks from other websites to your site (also referred to as link building).
- Make research for appropriate keywords
- Discover and seize the opportunity to make use of on-page SEO.
- Use the Keyword Magic Tool to spot all keywords you would like to successfully build a profitable SEO or PPC campaign.
- Identify the paid keywords or ad copy utilized in the PPC ads of your competition.
- Make use of social media publishing and analytics tools.
- Receive recommendations for a way you’ll increase your organic traffic by optimizing your content.
- Account upgrade at any time for greater flexibility and more features.
The pricing starts from $119.95/month for professional, $229.95/month for advanced, or $449.95/month for Business
This is a competitor keyword research SEO tool for Google Ads. In addition to keyword research, it assists users with PPC competitive research, SEO competitive research, and the creation of custom lists and domains.
This tool assists in driving traffic to your Google Ads campaigns and website, monitor both paid and organic rankings on Google, Bing, and Yahoo, and acquire reliable and accurate contact information for leads.
With SpyFu, you’ll also:
- Be able to download competitor’s PPC keywords to know their clicks and how much they pay for keywords.
- Access to Google Ads tracking on domain biding
- Access to your competitor’s SEO keywords.
- You’re able to rank and review a page or website for a keyword.
- Easily identify the backlinks your competitors use.
- Discover keyword ideas and obtain keyword advice for your Google Ads to extend chances of conversion.
The pricing for Spyfu starts from $39/month for Basic, $79/month for Professional, $299/Month for Team use
Having backlinks in your website is important for ranking well on Google because building links can feel more like cold calling. BuzzStream makes it a lot easier to research and reach out to more people, come up with effective email messages, and track whose link has been accepted.
BuzzStream also enables you to:
- Candidates can be identified for outreach based on their industry.
- Candidates can be identified based on how they engage across various social networks.
- User can also be identified likely by who is receptive to your backlink request for other reasons that are unique to your business’s niche.
This SEO tool features a Free 30-day trial, $24/month for Starter, $99/ month for Group, $299/ month for Professional, $999+ for Custom
If you’re new to SEO and do not know much about it, your SEO tool really should be there to assist you to learn the ropes, get your feet under you it and the grow with your knowledge. If you are feeling sort of a particular tool is throwing you in the deep end, it’s probably not the proper tool for your business.
Fortunately, most SEO tools will offer a free test period so you’ll get to understand it before committing. Take the time to understand every feature before making a choice. This is to make sure that your first SEO tool will make your marketing easier and simpler without making your head spin.