Are you looking for a reliable and efficient way to perform TSM maintenance backups for Tableau Server? If so, you need to consider using a third-party tool like Veeam.
Veeam is a highly respected provider of backup and disaster recovery software, and its products are used by some of the largest companies in the world. Veeam’s products are not only reliable but also easy to use, making them a great choice for organizations of all sizes.
TSM maintenance cleanup do
The TSM Maintenance Cleanup function is responsible for deleting expired or unused objects from the TSM environment. These objects can include files, tapes, and entries in the TSM database.
The Maintenance Cleanup function runs as a scheduled task on the TSM server. It can be configured to run at specific times or intervals, or it can be run manually as needed.
The Maintenance Cleanup function can be used to clean up the following objects:
• Files that have been deleted from the file system but are still listed in the TSM database
• Tape volumes that have been deleted from the tape library but are still listed in the TSM database
• Database entries for files and tapes that have been deleted from the file system or tape library The Maintenance Cleanup function is an important part of keeping your TSM environment clean and organized.
It helps to ensure that expired or unused objects are removed from the system, making it easier to find and manage the remaining objects.
Restore a TSM backup
Assuming that you have a valid TSM backup, the easiest way to restore it is to use the TSM restore client. The TSM restore client is a command-line tool that you can use to restore your data from a TSM backup.
To use the TSM restore client, you first need to install it on your computer. You can download the latest version of the TSM restore client from the IBM website.
Once you have installed the TSM restore client, you can use it to restore your data. The syntax for using the TSM restore client is: tsmrestore [-options] where is the name of the backup file that you want to restore, and -options is a list of options that control how the restoration is performed.
The most common options are:
-source : This option specifies the source directory where the data is restored from. : This option specifies the source directory where the data is restored from.
-target : This option specifies the target directory where the data is restored to. : This option specifies the target directory
Backup a Tableau server
Backing up your Tableau server is an important step in protecting your data. The Tableau backup utility can back up your server, data files, and contents of the Tableau Repository.
To back up your Tableau server, you will need to have Administrator privileges. The Tableau backup utility is a command line tool that can be run from a Windows command prompt or a Mac terminal.
The following steps will guide you through the process of backing up your Tableau server.
1. Open a Windows command prompt or Mac terminal.
2. Navigate to the folder where the Tableau backup utility is installed. The default location is C:\Program Files\Tableau\Tableau Server\tools on Windows, and /Applications/Tableau Server/tools on Mac.
3. Run the following command to back up your server: tabadmin backup
4. When the backup is complete, you will see the following message: Backup completed successfully!
5. Close the command prompt or terminal window.
Format for Tableau server backup file
Tableau Server backup files are in the TDE (Tableau Data Extract) format.
tsm maintenance backup command?
The tsm maintenance backup command is used to create a backup of the TSM server and its data. This can be used to restore the server if it is damaged or to migrate the server to a new location.